This soup is a hug in a cup for your stomach, its made with chicken bone broth and gorgeous pumpkin and butternut squash. Its all topped off with toasted pumpkin and hemp seeds. you have to try it!
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of grated ginger
- ½ red chili, finely chopped
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 medium squash, peeled and chopped ( already roasted in the oven)
- 1 medium pumpkin ( already roasted in the oven)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 500ml of fresh chicken bone broth to boost its tummy loving affect
- 2 tbsp of Linwoods Hemp – Toasted for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds- Toasted for sprinkling
- Chop and roast your pumpkin and squash in the oven intil soft and has borwn tingled edges
- Heat the oil in a large lidded pot, allow it to melt then add the onion and a big pinch of salt, sauté for 7 minutes until golden.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilli, stir for 30 seconds then add the squash and pumpkin and another pinch of salt, stir well then pour over the coconut milk and stock.
- Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer, allow this to simmer for 40 minutes with the lid on.
- While this is cooking toast the pumpkin and hemp seeds in a dry pan for a few minutes until golden, then leave to the side to cool.
- Once the squash is cooked though, puree the soup until smooth. Pour into bowls and scatter over the toasted seeds